On Monday, January 12th, I had the honor of taking my first oath of office as your State Representative, and on February 2nd, we will officially begin the 2015 Legislative Session. I have lived in Gresham for 35 years and I love this community. Throughout these years, I have enjoyed many roles, including mother, school board member, and Chief of Police. Therefore, I am thrilled for the opportunity to serve the people of House District 50 in this new capacity, and I am eager to represent your voices in the State Legislature.
During this Legislative Session, I will serve on three House Committees: Education, Veterans and Emergency Preparedness, as well as Human Services and Housing as Vice-Chair.
I plan to continue to keep certain key issues at the forefront of my work:
- I will put East County working families and small businesses first, ahead of corporate special interests
- I will work to reduce taxes for the middle class and cut tax loopholes for big corporations
- I will work to help create Oregon jobs by making sure local companies get the first crack at all state contracts, ensuring your hard-earned tax dollars create jobs here at home
- I will to ensure women have the same opportunities as men as I know this makes our community stronger
- I will fight for equal pay for equal work, as well as work-place policies that do not disadvantage working families
- I know education is the key to success, and I will work to support our teachers and make sure they get the resources they need to best serve our students
- I will fight to ensure that funding goes to support our classrooms, keep teachers, and reduce class sizes
I have a long track record of making important decisions that have increased the safety of our community; to continue this, I will seek opportunities to increase funding for public safety
I will continue to work toward making Gresham a safer place for all its citizens
Your voices will inform my decisions and my priorities, and I am always eager to hear from you. Please visit my Legislative Page and e-subscribe to receive e-mail updates.
Please take the time to fill out this short survey about what matters most to you.
Do not hesitate to contact my office directly by phone, e-mail, or dropping in!
Address: 900 Court St. NE, H-491, Salem, Oregon 97301
Phone: 503-986-4950 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my Facebook page!